Monday, May 2, 2011

Change


The past 6 weeks of our lives have been full of changes. In March we welcomed our sweet little Leyla into the world. She has brought so much joy into our lives. She is changing so much every day and growing up so fast. She is such a good baby. She has started smiling and she stays awake a lot during the day. She isn't sleeping through the night yet, but is sleeping 4-5 hours at least once a night.




Back in January Greg applied for a sales position at Nucor. He told me he knew he wasn't going to get the job, but it was worth applying for. A month later they called him and did a phone interview with him. After that he was called in for a face to face interview, an interview with the whole sales department, and two more phone interviews. Three weeks ago they called him and offered him the position. We are so grateful that this job worked out and we were able to stay home for the summer and not have to travel with a new baby. It is bittersweet not going to Minnesota with the rest of the family, but we feel like this job was such a great opportunity. My husband is so great to us. He works so hard to provide for our family.

In one month (hopefully) we will be residents of TREMONTON! I never thought in a million years Greg and I would live in Tremonton. We are in the process of buying our very first home. I am so excited to be able to live in a house and not an apartment anymore-we are running out of space! After a lot of thought and discussion we decided Tremonton was the best place for us so that we would both be close to work. We are hoping everything stays on schedule and we can move in by June 2!



Here are some pictures of the past month.






7 comments:

Taryn said...

Really, so much has happened in the last little while for you guys! But so many GREAT things. Leyla is getting a little chub in her cheeks :) I love it! I hope everything stays on schedule for your house too...then we can see it with all your stuff in when we come home! Yay! Love and miss you guys!

JaKe and NaT* said...

Congrats on soon to be homeowners and gregs job! What an excitin time for you guys in your life! I love leyla.. so so precious and you my dear look amazing!!

anna said...

so exciting! So many fun changes this summer! I'm so happy for you guys!

sam and kyrsten said...

wow there have been a lot of WONDERFUL changes in your lives! so happy for you guys! congratulations with everything!

tyson and ashley said...

We are SO excited for you guys and happy for you! We will have to come see your new home! That is awesome news! Congrats! You guys deserve it! :)

Taryn said...

My mom old me you guys were buying a house! How exciting! I am so happy for you guys(: Parents and now homeowners! Sounds like you guys are doing great!

Sarah and Jimmy said...

I'm so so happy for you guys. These pictures make me miss you guys and Leyla like crazy though!!!