Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A taste of Kansas

This summer started out in Kansas for Greg and I. Greg got to spend much more time here than I was able to, but we both really enjoyed it there. In the short week that I was there I mastered killing spiders, being aware of where I was stepping constantly and running from the geese. We enjoyed Kansas and the beauty we were surrounded by while we were there.

This is what Greg did every day in Kansas....

This is what I did every day in Kansas....


Our apartments were built around this man made lake. There were tons of ducks, geese, turtles and frogs there. Greg and I went on a walk around the little lake the Sunday before we left. The temperature was perfect!






Another thing you might want to know about Kansas is that it is known for it's crazy weather. You could never guess if it was going to rain that day. It would be so hot and nice, then within 10 minutes it is raining harder than I have ever seen it rain before. They have pretty sweet lightening storms. Here is a picture during a storm....

This picture is 2 seconds after right when there was some lightening. Crazy huh?


We loved our time in Kansas, but are so glad to be living in Oklahoma now-our apartments are much nicer here!

Hope all is well back home. We love and miss you guys!

:D


4 comments:

Taryn said...

Your hair looks so short in that swimming pool picture I thought you cut it!

I want to swim everyday...

Tori said...

Looks like you guys are having fun! I don't know if I could handle the spiders all that well either...but the pool everday would be nice! :) Glad to see you guys are doing well!

JaKe and NaT* said...

look at you go with your post!! yay! looks like so much fun.. wish i could come swimmming:) i love those pics after the lightning!!

Jeff and Teresa Palmer said...

Looks like you guys are having fun. Miss you!