Monday, October 25, 2010

Half way there!

It's official-we are having a little girl, Leyla, March 17, 2011! As of this week I am 20 weeks pregnant and getting bigger by the day! Greg and I are so excited for this new chapter in our lives. I have been having some crazy thoughts the past few weeks and have been struggling to get past them. I am terrified of being a mother! Did anyone else feel this way with their first baby? I have also been struggling with the fact that it is never going to be just Greg and I again! I don't know why I am feeling this way, maybe it's just the crazy horomones! I really am thrilled to be a mom and I know I will feel so much different once she is here! Pregnancy is start to get a lot more exciting and getting more real. I felt her move for the first time Friday night and have felt her every day since! We had our 20 week ultra sound last Friday and she is as healthy as can be (huge relief)! Here are a few pictures of the baby.
Happy Halloween!!



He is one proud daddy already!


Here is the dreaded 20 week photo :S

11 comments:

sam and kyrsten said...

dreaded? oh please! you dont even look pregnant! you look great! so excited for you guys! the 17th is my dads b-day! its a great day to have a little girl! i love the name too! so excited for you! sorry no advice on the whole feelings while being pregnant thing :)

Anonymous said...

Karly you are still so freakin' tiny! Are you sure there's a baby in there? SOOO excited that you're having a girl! :) :)

T, A, H1, H2, H3 said...

you dont want to see my half way pic then! or maybe you do, it will make you feel awesome about your "growing" belly! you look great! congrats on a girl!

Taryn said...

The only thing that looks big in that picture are your boobs :) We are so excited for baby Leyla to join our family.

And I think your feelings are totally normal! You and Greg do need to enjoy your time together before she gets here, but when she does arrive life really does only get better! And I know I had my freak out moments all along the way, but I think the worst was about a week before she was due. But you will be amazed at how natural it really is. You are going to be a great mom!

Jessica said...

WHAT! That's not even a baby bump. You look great and will be a fabulous mom. xoxoxo

Jaci said...

Baby girl???? where are you??? I don't see a bump! You better start showing soon!
Congrats on the half way mark!

Mandy Campbell said...

Girls are the best! Sawyer tells me every day, "Mom your my best friend"! I love it! It is really scary being a first time mom! I thought I knew about babies but when it's your own and you have to be and do everything for them it's different.It's a huge adjustment but completely worth it. Congrats and by the way I look more pregnant than you do and I'm not!

KolyerandCorrie said...

Congrats you two we are so excited for you!!! Hope all is well!

Taiya Brown said...

I can't believe you are already half way there! That's so exciting! I love the name Leyla, so cute!!

Ali and Andrew Hyde said...

It was so fun seeing you guys the other night- we really need to get together more often. I look back at my 20 week pictures now and don't even look very pregnant, but felt HUGE- just wait til you are really at the end and ready to pop! Don't be scared- you'll be great!

Benji and Anne King said...

Congrats! I really wouldn't suspect you were prego if I didn't know in that pic. I'm sure everyone has a few misgivings along the way. I agree with Taryn, I think I started worrying a little towards the end. My friends just said that after the baby comes you will wonder why you worried at all and it is true. Pretty soon you won't remember life before Leyla and you will have the funnest moments ever with her here.