Wednesday, September 9, 2009

We are home!!

Our summer in Philly is over! We moved back 2 weeks ago and have been enjoying so many things being back home. We have been able to spend a lot of time with our families and do some of the things we missed out on this summer. 

A couple weeks ago we had some of my friends from high school get together for dinner. We had a lot of fun talking about all of the fun and crazy things we did in high school-thanks girls it was so much fun to see you! (sorry no pictures) We were also able to go to the county fair that same week. Greg wanted to go on a ride so bad so he bought us tickets. We ended up riding the orbiter and both realized we are getting too old for fair rides. We both couldn't walk straight after. We had a lot of fun eating the fair food, dancing at the band stand and spending much needed time with friends and family. 



We have also been spending a little time up on the river fishing-Greg's favorite past time. I took advantage of my discounts at Dick's when I was working there and bought him some new fishing waders and boots. Greg caught a bunch of really pretty fish, me on the other hand, I caught the tree more than anything! Why is fly fishing so hard for me?? I think it was more of a workout than anything (walking up the river). Despite my poor fishing skills we had a great night and I'm glad my husband is teaching me to love new things. 




Sorry this post is so long. One day Greg and I took the four-wheeler up to the top of mt. Logan. We got lost so many times trying to find the top. They have apparently made new roads up there that we didn't know about-oh well it made a fun trip! If you have never been to the top-GO! It is so pretty up there. You can look out and see the whole valley. It is definitely worth seeing!

 




And last but not least, Labor Day weekend! We spent the first half of the weekend with my family up at Lake Oneida camping. We had so much fun sitting by the camp fire talking, skiing, jumping of the rope swing, riding the four-wheelers and of course eating dutch oven!! The second half of the weekend we spent with the Palmers. We had dutch oven in their backyard and had a bbq the next day. We also went out to Newton fishing on Monday night. Taylor out fished us all, but we had a good time. We never got any pictures that do justice, but Taylor caught two HUGE tiger muskies. Here a few pictures from the weekend. Sorry it took me to update-I promise I will do better! We hope everyone has been enjoying this great weather like we have been! If not-enjoy it while it lasts!





























5 comments:

Taryn said...

Oh you make me miss Logan! You guys have been having fun doing all the fun things we miss about home! Can't wait to come visit!

Mandy Campbell said...

So fun! It was really good seeing you!I hope we get to see you soon.

Kynzie and Brenton said...

Like the picture I took of you guys sleeping? :)

Kami said...

First, I love your new header...my temple!!!

Next, you should move back to Philly so I can come visit again :)

Lastly, I loved getting together with the girls...it was so much fun. So many memories...

MegRyan said...

Welcome back guys! Glad you made it safe! Your pictures are great! I am jealous, I want to go 4-wheeling!